Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Purse Card Part 2

I had several requests to post the measurements/directions for the Purse Card I posted yesterday so I decided to do a picture tutorial.  It's my first one, so here goes!!!

I used Midnight Muse for the base of my card which I cut at 4 1/2 x 11 and scored at 4 ¾, 5 ½, and 6 ¼ .  Fold on the 5 1/2 score line and fold the other two score lines in the opposite way (mountain fold and two valley folds).
Using your Big Shot and the Scallop Circle Bigz die, cut out one piece in Midnight Muse. Fold the piece in half being sure to match up the scallops, open it up and run it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Make two holes right below the score line, this will be for your handle.

Place your ribbon through the holes and adhere them to the inside with Sticky Strip.  Attach two more lines of Sticky Strip so that your purse will be nice and secure. 
Remove the outer covering of the sticky strip (the red pieces) and adhere one end of the purse base right up to the score line of the scallop circle. My picture shows a piece of Daffodil Delight just so it is easier for you to see. 

The next step is to adhere a medium flat cellophane bag on the inside.  I cut it down to 4 1/2 inches.  Place Sticky Strip on the sides (you can also attach a strip on the bottom edge as well).  Be sure to place the Sticky Strip on the SEAM side of the bag.  Place it inside your purse.
I also attached a piece of Velcro to hold the purse together.  Your purse is done!  All you need to do is decorate it! I used Melon Mambo (4 1/4 x 3 3/4), Midnight Mue (3 1/2 x 4) and Whisper White (3 1/4 x 3 3/4) which I also ran through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
If you decide to make one, I would love to see what you've done!  If you have any questions, please let me know! I hope I made the directions clear enough for you!

Tracy

Order Stampin' Up! supplies, 24/7 at my online store!


No comments:

Post a Comment