Monday, June 13, 2011

On the Grow

A post three days in a row! I'm on a roll! This card uses another stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog and it's called On the Grow. I used a combination of watercolor crayons and pencils along with a blender pen. I stamped the image with Staz-On first so that the ink wouldn't bleed. I am usually very intimidated by coloring an image like this but I am really happy with how it turned out. Just doing it and practicing, is what I needed. A trick I used with the crayons was to put some of the color on a scrap piece of Whisper White and then I picked it up from there onto my blender pen. I added some small pearls in the center of some of the flowers. I was so excited last year when Stampin' Up! started carrying these pearls and I use them every chance I can! I hope this inspires you to give watercoloring a try!! Thank you for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment